Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Paperless charting

I am wondering if there are any facilities that are 100% paperless... Does anyone chart their activity participation directly into the computer at the activity itself?  This is ideal and maybe it will be more universal in about 10 years, but right now, I think some of us are part way there, but most of us aren't close.  In my facility, most of the chart itself is paperless.  I do the assessments and careplans directly into the computer on a laptop.  We never print the careplans, or anything else from the chart.  The improvement I would love to make is for my activity staff to be able to chart participation at the activity.  It would save lots of time, and be more accurate and up to date.  As it is, it often takes a week for the participation sheets to get charted into the computer. 
Anyone have any great ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where do you work?